donderdag 19 juli 2012

battlefield survivor

Silence was the first thing I became aware of. Unaware that the battle was won. The last thing I could remember was the axe coming towards me and when I woke up again I was in the tent for the wounded and dying. The weird part of it was that I was the only one in there. I tried to move, sit upright but I was unable to, bound by my wrists and ankles to the bed. The tent opening went open and a couple of heads appeared. They looked familiar but the expression on their faces was a surprise and i saw that Happiness and fear were fighting on their faces. The heads disappeared again to make place for another one. Her I did know. She was the one that lead us on the battlefield. "You gave us quite a scare" was the first thing she said. Slowly she walked in and sat down on the side of my bed and after giving me a worried look, she started telling. Apparently just before the axe struck me something extraordinary had happened. The fear of dying had awoken a dormant power within me. Friend and foe died in a massive explosion that seemed to emanate from within me. It was the power of my people.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten